Why Alpha Sigma Tau?
Women have been joining Alpha Sigma Tau for more than 119 years for one simple reason: lifelong friendships grounded in shared values.
“Alpha Sigma Tau has brought the most genuine people into my life. They are more than friends they are my sisters, sisters that give the best advice, make me laugh the most, pick me up when I’m down, always there to hang, and most importantly my home away from home. AST also has so many leadership opportunities. My first semester in the chapter I was able to get a position on the exec board and I have been able to learn and grow so much from it. AST has always kept me very busy with volunteering, giving back to the community, sisterhoods, mixers with other sororities and fraternities, formal, retreat, study dates, and so much more! I am so grateful for AST and all the amazing things that have come with being an AST member.”
– Amber Rolf, Alpha Psi Chapter (University of Northern Iowa)
Since our founding in 1899, we have prided ourselves on continually promoting the ethical, cultural, social, and professional growth of our members – even during times of more limited opportunities for women.
Being an Alpha Sigma Tau means:
- Connecting to a national network of like-minded women who support you for life
- Personal and professional growth through initiatives like Illuminate, our innovative member development program that is like nothing else out there
- A focus on your safety, health, and wellness with engaging online resources
- Bettering your community through philanthropy and service
- Embracing real leadership opportunities at the local and national levels
If you are interested in being a member of Alpha Sigma Tau at UNI contact Megan Garcia (email@example.com), Vice President of Growth, to set up a meeting today!